As COVID-19 has impacted every aspect of our lives in recent weeks, Talbot Humane has placed a few policies in place to encourage the community to participate in social distancing. Please read carefully as some items have changed in recent days:
- Hours Of Operation Change:
- Monday-Friday phones and animal control 10a-4p.
- Animal control on-call for emergencies 24/7
- Monday-Friday Lobby open for essential needs 11A-1P
- CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS while the Governor’s restriction to only essential services is in place.
- We are asking those in need of surrendering a pet to call our office. We are doing everything we can to foster animals in place during this time.
- For those who cannot keep their pet, we are taking owner surrendered animals, requested euthanasia by appointment only.
- We are sorry, no owner present euthanasia during this time.
- Pet Adoption and Pet Visitation are suspended until the Maryland Stay at Home Order is lifted.
- We are accepting foster parents for shelter pets at this time.
- Dog Foster Application: https://www.talbothumane.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/foster-app-dogs1.pdf
- Cat Foster Application: https://www.talbothumane.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/foster-app-cats1.pdf
- Animal Control continues to serve investigation of acts of cruelty and neglect, injured or ill domestic animals, bite complaints, aggressive stray animals and assistance to other agencies.
- Spay Neuter Midshore is on hold until further notice. Our Spay Neuter Coordinator will be in touch on rescheduling your appointments.
- Head to Tail Thrift and Vintage is closed until further notice.
- Volunteers are asked to stay home at this time. Staff will keep you informed on any changes and updates on shelter animals regularly.
- Pet Loss Support Group for April 2020 and May 2020 are cancelled.
- Our Pet pantry is still open. If you need food and you are elderly, are medically compromised or are sick, please call our office. We can have an officer or volunteer drop the food at your door. Pick up is between 11A-1P Monday-Friday. NO SATURDAY OR SUNDAY PICK UP.
By following these guidelines we feel we are able to continue to serve the animals and our community safely and humanely. Thank you all for your steadfast support!