Many people don’t realize just how important our foster program is to the animals of Talbot Humane. It is a lifeline for animals which simply would not have a second chance without the love and attention given by these friends who open their homes to the homeless. There are many reasons why people foster. Maybe they do not have the lifestyle for a “full-time” pet. Maybe they are at the max number of pets as far as the expense but still have lots of love to give. Often these are people who simply want to find a special way to help the animals of Talbot Humane!
There are many ways to be a part of our foster program. Here are but a few:
- Kitten season is approaching fast. We will be in need of foster homes for abandoned bottle babies.
- Kittens eating on their own but too young to be adopted are often in need of TLC. This is a great option for people who work during the day as are mommas with babies.
- Dogs are you thing? We often have young pups in need of some training and TLC.
- Dogs in need of a quiet home after special surgeries or heart worm treatment.
- Dogs that are just not thriving in the shelter.
- A really cool program is our Bedtime with Benji program which allows you to have the joy of a dog in your home evenings and weekends, and they come back to Talbot Humane during adoption hours to find a forever home!
Many people are concerned that they will want to keep all the animals, that they will become too attached. Well, it’s true, you do love these sweet animals as your own, and, there are often a few tears when it is time to say goodbye. That heavy heart when they leave your care is quickly replaced with the happiness in knowing YOU saved a life and were the reason for a happy new beginning for that pet.
Our foster program IS the reason we have not had to euthanize a treatable, adoptable pet in over 5 years- Last year well over 350 animals benefited from our foster program- that is more than 26% of the animals that entered our facility!!! Interested in learning more on how you can be a life saver? Simply download the application now or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410)822-0107.
If we all do a little, together we truly make a huge difference for the animals of our community.